COUNCIL OF COMPLAINTS
Law no. 97/2013 date 4.3.2013 ” On audio and audio-visual media services in the Republic of Albania” provides that the Council of Complaints is appointed by a qualified majority AMA and consists of:
Chairman of the Council of Complaints and two members of the Council of Complaints, specialists in the field of media.
Chairman and members shall be elected for a period of 3 years, with the right to be reelected more than once.
Council of Complaints has for the main object of his work the overseeing of implementation of the Broadcasting Code and regulations adopted by AMA, dealing particularly with respect for the dignity and rights of other fundamental human rights, in particular: the protection of minors, the right to information and public awareness regarding the observance of moral and ethical norms of programs audiovisual service providers.
The main functions of the Council of Complaints are:
- The supervision of implementation of the codes and regulations of SMP and ART, according to the Law;
- Review of public complaints
- A periodic follow of foreign broadcaster, who completely or partially address the Albanian spectators for any informational purposes, comply with broadcasting codes;
- To organize public polls for ethical issues in different programs. His conclusions are fruit of studying the questionnaires and the public complaints. AMA shall report suggesting measures for improvement of media environment. Conclusions can be published also in the media;
- To publish, every six months in a special bulletin published by the AMA a summary of the conclusions of his studying.
Composition of the Council of Complaints:
The chairwoman – Mrs. Monika Stafa
Mrs. Stafa has been a journalist, presenter, screenwriter in Top Media Group since May 2001. Author and journalist she has treated dozens of current issues and has interviewed important personalities in Albanian political, historical and cultural profile. She is author of more than 100 documentaries broadcasted on Top Channel and Digitalb, and wined several competitions and projects of international organizations represented in Tirana. She is interested and has already published books on historical topics.
Member – Mr. Urim Bajrami
Mr. Urim Bajrami is graduated in Albanian language and literature at the Faculty of History and Philology in 1997. He has a long experience in the media field as editor, chief director of electronic communication on Top Channel Television, General Director of “Scan” Television etc. for several years. He has worked as a journalist in several daily newspapers and periodicals, and has experience in teaching.
Member – Mr. Erald Kapri
Mr. Kapri holds a Master of Communication at the University of Westminster in 2013. He is expert in the field of media and communication. He has been political and economic correspondent for various newspapers as “Panorama”, “Standard”, and “Metropolis”. Mr. Kapri is lecturer of Communication at the University of Tirana. He is active in the daily press and part of the European University Institute.